Liebster Award Nomination 6 2018
First off, a huge thank you to my friend Josh [Mr Swarthy] of “The Jaguar and its Allies” for his nomination of A Guy Called Bloke and Doodlepip’s Adventures for the Liebster Award 2018, it really means a lot so thank you Josh.
Josh’s Blog is a magical journey for those who love the insight into wildlife, a magnificent and fantastic journey into self-understanding, at first glance it may not appear so, but trust me when l say it is. What does stand out in all of Josh’s posts is his willingness to learn and absorb more from the world in which we all live and breathe. Josh is fascinated with ecosystems and animals, about exploration, trekking, walking the wild side and cats, notably big cats!
Josh is about the true beauty of diversity of people and the biodiversity of our planet. Don’t believe me?
Check him out with his most recent post:
This version of the Liebster Award has five rules. They are:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominator asked.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers.
4. Ask them 11 questions.
5. Let them know you have nominated them.
11 Questions Answered
1. What are your favourite types of posts to create, and why?
This is a good question: Last month, l had three active blogs, so l could say l like writing about my dog, my story and my journey. Easy. However, now all three blogs are merging to become one, so in essence a guy, and his dog on a journey making up a story. So to answer the question l would say that l like creating a form of readable entertainment that also conveys relatability to those who can feel the connection.
2. Where do you do your best writing?
Mm, well l spend most of my day thinking, and writing ideas up in my head, so the answer is probably that, but if you mean a specific place, then at my desk looking out into the garden.
3. What is your typical process for creating blog posts? For example, do you write several drafts before publishing a post? Or do you hammer it out in one go?
I usually have an idea stirring inside of me, then l will jot down notes for memory joggers and hints and then write it out in one fell swoop, then edit, then post.
4. Do you engage in other forms of art, besides writing? If so, which ones?
I love poetry, although mine is not ‘poetry’ per se, more of a rhyme. But l have to be in the right frame of mind to pen , if l have a lot going on and l am not relaxed then l tend to write more long story styled topics. But l also love photography, and can use that at times to spark off more creativity.
5. What is your favourite book or book series, and why?
I read roughly 50 books a year, and have no specific genre to follow, currently l am reading “Monstrous Regiment” by Terry Pratchett, but last week, l was reading the autobiography of Kirk Douglas, so my reading is often varied.
6. Where do you feel most at home?
Nowhere l think is the honest to truth answer, l am quite nomadic mentally, and haven’t had a proper home like that of the house l grew up in for some thirty plus years.
7. What is your favourite food?
Anything that doesn’t cause me to become ill. I have an aggressive stomach disorder which means that many of my favourite foods are no longer allowed to be eaten.
8. If you could travel anywhere, all expenses paid, where would it be?
Without a shadow of a doubt it would be India, l am quite well travelled, but have not visited India yet.
9. What was your favourite subject in school, and why?
English literature – my teacher had a gift for being able to bring the subject to life, but also l had a crush on her and so listened avidly.
10. Have you spent time outside today?
Yes, l have been doing some gardening in-between times of merging in and backdating posts to this blog from the other two.
11. If your answer to the previous question was, “Yes,” then what did you do?
My 11 Nominations:
Should any of the nominations l select prefer to ‘not’ take part, please l do understand, this is simply me saying l enjoy reading what you write. Also, if after posting this ‘live’, you see this before l have notified you, well done ‘smarty pants!!’ 🙂 I will get to you.
My 11 Questions
1. What breaks and never falls and what falls and never breaks?
2. A farmer had 752 sheep and took one shot that got them all. How did he do it?
3. What’s your favourite morning drink?
4. What is your favourite number plus 16 times 5 minus 7?
5. Well done, you have made it onto the local baseball team, which position are you?
6. What will your favourite colour resemble once you have added pink, green and orange?
7. All-time favourite sweet/candy’ … why?
8. You are offered a meal out at a restaurant of your choice, what do you pick?
9. Who comes first? A close friend in need or a distressed family member?
10. If animals could talk – who would be the rudest species?
11. Which is the best head wear style to date?